The New Hampshire Department of Education is pleased to announce that the application process for the $10 million Security Action for Education (SAFE) grant, Round Three opens on October 30, 2023, at 10:00 am. This grant is funded by Public School Infrastructure money and is available to District and Chartered Public Schools.
Here’s what you need to know about the SAFE grant:
- Application link goes live at 10:00 am on October 30, 2023 in the HSEM grant application portal. The application link will be posted on the SAFE grant website once available and in next week’s Friday Forum newsletter.
- Schools that did not receive an award in Round 1 and Round 2 but submit a new eligible application will be prioritized.
- Applications will be awarded on a first-in-first-out basis.
- We will be accepting new applications only. Unfunded applications remaining from Round 1 and Round 2 will not be considered, however a school may submit a new application for the same project.
- Applicants are required to submit an application for each school that covers only one project “category”. The categories are: Access Control, Emergency Alerting, and Surveillance.
- For example, if you have a district-wide need for replacing door locks, you will need to enter an application for each school. This also means that if you have one school that needs door locks (access control) and notification beacons (emergency altering), you will need to fill out two applications, one for each project category at that school.
- Grant window closes end of day on November 30 (see more on the award process below).
- Applicants may submit more than one project per school.
- The maximum award to any one school location will be $100,000 regardless of number of projects. The selection process is on a first-in-first-out basis, therefore applicants submitting multiple applications, should submit them in order of their priority.
- Awards will be finalized after approval by the Legislative Fiscal Committee and Governor and Council Approval.
- Awards will be managed in the NHED’s Grant Management System.
Resource: SAFE Grant website