The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar on Monday, June 27, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET. This Webinar will highlight the role of transportation directors in supporting school safety at the local level.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Highlight the role of transportation directors in supporting school safety efforts within their school communities.
- Demonstrate the importance of developing a collaborative planning team to support emergency operations plan (EOP) development, as outlined in Step 1 of the six-step planning process detailed in the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans.
- Discuss the role that transportation directors play in implementing the National Preparedness System mission areas before, during, and after a potential emergency.
- Reinforce how transportation directors serve as key stewards in the efforts around evacuation, planning for all settings and all times, continuity of operations, and overall plan development.
Westerville City Schools
- Steven McElroy, Director of Safety and Security
REMS TA Center
- Alison Curtis, Director of Information & Product Management
Questions About the Event?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center’s Website within 7 business days.