Recommendation 3: Replace 4 of the 10 required emergency egress drills (fire drills) with all-hazards drills, at least one of which should test emergency response to an armed assailant.
Lead Agency: Department of Safety, Division of Fire Safety (Office of the State Fire Marshal)
- Division of Fire Safety to update School Fire & Life Safety Inspection Checklist by December 2018
- Revise RSA 153:1 State Fire Code in 2019 Session
- Revise Saf-C 6000 in 2019
- RSA 189:64 Emergency Response Plans updated in 2019 Legislative Session
- On June 22, 2022, HB1125 was signed into law updating the previous version of NH RSA 189:64 which addresses school emergency operations plans.