Recommendation 4: Improve school culture by expanding social and emotional learning programs in schools at all levels statewide.
Lead Agency: Governor’s Office, Social & Emotional Learning Program
- SEL program downloaded by over 282
schools in NH, and 12 community downloads.
- 2 major city school districts have taken steps needed to begin implementing the Choose Love curriculum.
- Video training is available online through the NH Fire Academy for school staff, first responders and families. Link to online training.
- WMUR created a one minute PSA about the Choose Love Movement with NH school staff testimony.
- February 2019 was declared Choose Love Month in NH.
- Choose Love Day was August 15, 2019.
- Relationships have been made with:
- DHHS/DCYF-DHHS midlevel managers; DCYF Leadership; the Youth Advisory Board; Youth Voices Summit; Foster Care Conference; Children’s Behavioral Health
- Residential setting directors and staff: Becket, Spaulding Youth Center, Crotched Mountain
- Sununu Youth Services Center (SYSC)
- The Granite United Way Youth Enrichment Partnership (made up of 15 youth-serving organizations in Manchester)
- Greater Nashua Public Health
- Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- New Hampshire School Administrator’s Association (NHSAA)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Former Chief Justice Broderick
- Center for New Americans- Manchester
- Injury Prevention Center- CHaD
- NH EMS for Children
- 547 NH Schools have accessed any Choose Love program from both the new site and the legacy site.