The Plan is the result of a robust feedback process that included input from hundreds of interested parties statewide through focus groups, workgroups, public sessions, and written comments. It takes a comprehensive and innovative approach to address the mental health needs of people across their life span.
The Plan envisions a statewide mental health system that provides:
- access to the full continuum of care, including community education and engagement
- prevention and early intervention services
- outpatient, inpatient and crisis supports and services
- child-focused strategies and recommendations
- integration of mental health and primary health care
- intensified efforts to address suicide prevention